Updates from the Practice:
We are holding our last Flu clinic on Saturday 9th December 2023!
Please telephone the surgery if you are still outstanding your flu vaccine to book an appointment.
Additionally if you are still wishing to have your Autumn Covid Booster please contact your local pharmacy.
Information about software issue that prevents documents from being visible to patients - 22.11.23
We understand that some of our patients may have encountered difficulties viewing certain documents (e.g. letters from the hospital) due to a software problem. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are pleased to inform you that this issue has been resolved for new documents being added onto the system. It may take up to a month for older documents to become visible.
Your GP team will have been able to access the letters so your care will not have been affected during this time.
ADHD Diagnostic Services - 22.11.23
With a lack of commissioned NHS services across Greater Manchester for ADHD, GP surgeries have noticed a significant increase in public request for referrals to other services both under ‘right to choose’ as well as within the private sector to obtain a timely assessment.
Requests for tests and prescribing medications by the GP has caused confusion for patients leading to distress. Please see below the most recent information available to the practice:
1. Any patient embarking on a private assessment ie you pay privately to have an assessment will result in YOU having to pay for any blood tests, heart traces or any other tests including obtaining a private prescription for medication from the private service provider, you will be charged for the tests and medication. Your GP WILL NOT arrange any tests on the NHS or prescribe any medication suggested by the private clinic.
2. If you undertake a private assessment, pay a private clinic and subsequently start medication provided by the private clinic, you will not be eligible to move across to NHS prescribing for this condition at a later stage
3. Medications used for managing ADHD often fall under a category of ‘Shared Care’. This means that as well as your GP, a specialist needs to be available if your GP is providing medication under the NHS. If the specialist discharges you from their service, then the ‘Shared Care’ has stopped and your GP will cease to prescribe the medication.
4. Your GP has a RIGHT NOT TO ENGAGE IN A SHARED CARE ARRANGEMENT requested by a specialist clinic, in this case your specialist will continue to be responsible for issuing the medication.
5. Under ‘Right to Choose’ your GP does have the right to refuse to refer if they feel that the referral cannot be supported by the GP surgery in terms of arranging tests and future prescribing.
GPs are hearing of cases where patients have attended private clinics for a ADHD assessment, been charged thousands of pounds only to find they can’t start treatment either because the GP is unable to arrange the required tests or refuses to engage in a shared care arrangement resulting in the patient unable to access treatment without undertaking further substantial costs to arrange tests and obtain private prescriptions. We would advise extreme caution when deciding to engage with a private clinic to undertake an assessment for ADHD as they may end up being very costly with the risk that you may not receive the tests or treatment suggested.
Any patient wishing to raise any issues should direct them to the ICB: https://gmintegratedcare.org.uk/have-your-say/contact-us/
If you would like further information on when you may require a sicknote and how to obtain one, please click here.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Contact Us Online
We have a new way in which you can contact us online for any routine enquries. We will aim to get back to you within 72 hours. You can use this system to:
- Request sick notes
- Request letters
- Submit a query about prescriptions
- Ask for advice about non urgent medical conditions
If you would like further information regarding other online services please click here.